A Final Farewell from Me!
I would like to thank all of you for your support over the years. The school is in good shape and ready to be developed further by my successor, Mrs Roughsedge. She will be fortunate to be working with a team of dedicated professionals and great students in a wonderful new building. Having spent almost 24 years as Les Beaucamps High, with almost 22 years as Headteacher, it has been a privilege to work with several generations of Les Beaucamps High School students, some of whom are now parents of current LBHS students.
I take great pleasure in meeting ex-students and seeing how well they are doing in their personal and professional lives. Many of them tell me that their time at Les Beaucamps High School was enjoyable and it has helped them to succeed. Along with the four other colleagues retiring, I hope we may all have played some small part in helping Les Beaucamps High students to achieve success.
I wish the school well for the future.
With Best Wishes,
Peter Le Cheminant
Welcome to the Les Beaucamps School Website. Les Beaucamps School is an 11-16 secondary school with around 500 students. The school was opened in 1959 and then re-opened in a new building in 2012, it serves the parishes of Castel, St. Andrew's and St. Martin's. From September 2012 we will be taking pupils from The Forest School. The school is administered by the States of Guernsey through the Guernsey Education Board.
Our school's main strengths lie in :
- Creating a supportive environment so that all of our students will leave the school with a sense of achievement.
- Recognising that we all learn in different ways and that we all have different talents. The school is more about 'I can' than I.Q. (Intelligence Quotient).
- Working with parents and carers to ensure that our students receive the best possible education.
- Developing a sense of community and our responsibilities as citizens of Guernsey and the world at large.
- Encouraging students to enjoy their education and to make a valuable contribution to the school community.